Cigna's underwriting used to require a phone call and 5-day wait. Now? You can get a decision in just 3-5 minutes. Learn how it works, plus some other exciting enhancements.
eSignature Features and Functionality
In Person eSignature
- Live as of 6/14 and available for all products
- eSignature: Customer types in their name as the signature on the final steps page of the application
- NO PV needed
- Go-live 9/29 and available only for underwritten Med Supp applications
- New! Email Secure PIN: Customer receives email with a 6-digit pin
- Phone Verification: Engage the PV team to obtain case number or opt for an outbound call at a later time
Medicare Supplements have 3 underwriting types:
- Open Enrollment
- Guaranteed Issue
- Underwritten: requires answering medical questions, height/weight & Rx check
The old process required a phone verification for underwritten apps. There was a call with the applicant and Cigna to review questions, read disclosures, and get permission to perform Rx Check. Three to five days later, a decision was made (approved or declined).
For the new process, the e-Signature replaces phone verification, and an underwriting decision is made in just 3-5 minutes!
Learn More About Cigna