A message from Sentinel (also applies to Atlantic Coast Life)
Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company is pleased to share the following updates on our system restoration:
- Our commission system has been restored and we plan to run commissions daily. It takes 1-2 days for commissions to be deposited, so agents could see deposits as early as today.
- Today we will be processing paper applications received prior to Thursday, April 15th, as well as all E-Applications.
- Annuity systematic ACH distributions (i.e. RMD, GLWB, AIW, etc.) were sent out yesterday. Contract Owners could see the funds as early as today (4/21), but it can take up to 1-2 business days for it to show up in their bank.
- As a reminder, as of yesterday, access has been restored to the Agent, Provider and Client Portals.
For Medicare Supplement and Life Products:
- We discovered a connection issue with Milliman, which was preventing the underwriting engine from providing a decision on E-Applications. This issue was resolved last night, therefore all applications submitted are now showing the appropriate underwriting decision.
Today we are working on the following:
- Processing checks received from Thursday through yesterday
- Drafting of premiums from Thursday, April 15th to current
- Processing of electronic claims
For Annuity Products:
- Today we will begin processing transfers for New Business applications.
Our teams are working diligently to get systems back up and running as quickly as possible. Progress is being made and we anticipate full restoration by the end of this week.
We appreciate your patience during this time.
The Sentinel Security Life Management Team