Effective January 1, 2024, acceptance of new Med Supp applications in select states will be discontinued.
- Lumico states: NV and WY
- Elips Life states: IA, IL, MD, MO, NE, OK and SD
Here's what you need to know:
- Effective 1/1/24, Lumico will no longer accept applications in the above states.
- Any apps started in the e-App must be submitted by 12/31/23, or they will expire on 1/1/24.
- Paper applications received on or after 1/1/24 will be returned.
- Applicants may request an effective date that is after 1/1/24, so long as: paper applications are received by 12/31/23 and e-Apps are submitted by 12/31/23.
- This change only impacts new business submissions. Lumico will continue to service and pay claims for existing policyholders in these states.
- Commissions of your in-force Med Supp policies underwritten by Lumico and/or Elips Life will not be affected.
Lumico is not planning to exit the Med Supp space. There are no plans to close in any other states. This means Lumico's total state footprint will be 31 states beginning on 1/1/2024.
Please know we have all of the Med Supp carriers out there and can help you find a good replacement if you need one.