Download our new eBook:
The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Senior Market Insurance Agent
Just add your name and email, and we'll email you a copy instantly!
We take your privacy seriously. When you share your information with us, we do not share it with others.
Getting started as an independent agent involves clearing some sizeable hurdles, and a very high percentage of new agents will quit within the first year. This guide is intended to provide new or prospective agents with a broad exposure to several different concepts that take some agents years to even become aware of.
If you’re looking for work and considering insurance sales, we’ll show you the steps to get started. If you’re already selling and looking for tips, we have you covered. If you’re a seasoned agent who is already successful, I’m sure there’s something here for you to learn as well.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 1: Why Do You Want to Sell Insurance?
- Chapter 2: Getting Your Insurance License
- Chapter 3: Captive, Independent, or Somewhere In-Between?
- Chapter 4: Training
- Chapter 5: Getting Appointed
- Chapter 6: Getting Paid
Section 2: Doing the Work
- Chapter 7: Prospecting
- Chapter 8: Selling
- Chapter 9: Follow-up
Section 3: Growing
- Chapter 10: Running a Business
- Chapter 11: Continuing Education
- Chapter 12: Next Steps - Is this Right for Me?