Carotid Bruit/Carotid Disease
Likely Underwriting Decision
• Unilateral or with favorable investigations: may be insurable based on life rating (best rate class available for LTC will be Standard)
• Uninvestigated cases with bilateral bruits: decline
John Hancock LTC Rider Medical Impairment
The Long-Term Care (LTC) rider is underwritten based on morbidity risk rather than mortality risk and as a result, some proposed life insureds may not qualify for this rider even if they are Standard or better mortality risks. Also, some combinations of Standard impairments may require this rider to be declined.
- The Long-Term Care rider cannot be issued at better ratings/rate classes than the life base policy assessment
- For applications that include the Long-Term Care rider, HealthStyles may be applied to improve the base policy assessment, but the rider itself is not eligible for an upgrade
- Risks with multiple impairments will be reviewed on an individual consideration basis
The Long-Term Care rider is available only if the life coverage is approved. It is NOT available:
- When the mortality rating on the base policy is >175%
- With a flat extra
- To residents of foreign countries and also U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. for greater than 6 months per year (183 days)
- With any increasing rider (Return of Premium, Increasing Supplemental Face Amount)
The Long Term Care rider can be purchased in addition to a life insurance contact. This benefit allows an accelerated payout of a specific proportion of the proceeds of the life insurance as a reimbursement of long term care costs. Refer to the Long-Term Care Rider Technical Guide for additional information.
The Long-Term Care (LTC) rider is an accelerated death benefit rider and may not be considered long-term care insurance in some states. There are additional costs associated with this rider. The Maximum Monthly Benefit Amount is $50,000. When the death benefit is accelerated for long-term care expenses it is reduced dollar for dollar, and the cash value is reduced proportionately. Please go to www.jhsalesnet.com to verify state availability.
This rider has exclusions and limitations, reductions of benefits, and terms under which it may be continued in force or discontinued. Consult the state specific Outline of Coverage for additional details.