Choose from the list of impairments to see what John Hancock's underwriters look for and likely underwriting risk classifications or rating.
A clinical concept describing a condition most commonly found in the elderly; it is associated with a high risk of mortality and morbidity.
Likely Underwriting Decision
Most cases of frailty require individual assessment and ratings/offers are made following consultation with a Medical Director
Factors Affecting the Decision
- Current age
- Evidence of cognitive decline or depression
- Problems with the activities of daily living
- Any involuntary weight loss
- History of falling, fractures secondary to osteoporosis, frequent car accidents
- Confinement to a nursing home or hospitalization within the past year
- Number of medications
- Any other significant health history
Fast Track the App
APS, Cognitive and Mobility Assessment (such as Nation’s CareLink assessment) may be necessary
Clearly outline the positive aspects of your client’s independent and active lifestyle