Choose from the list of impairments to see what John Hancock's underwriters look for and likely underwriting risk classifications or rating.
A reduction in the number of red blood cells due to blood loss, failure of the bone marrow to produce sufficient cells, or premature destruction of the cells.
Likely Underwriting Decision
Ratings depend on type of anemia. Decisions can range from Preferred to decline
Iron deficiency anemia: Preferred possible when fully investigated and no underlying condition identified
Aplastic anemia: Usually decline
Hemolytic anemia: Standard to 200%, but rating could be higher depending on type and severity
Factors Affecting the Decision
- Type of anemia
- Cause of anemia, if known
- Details of testing done and referrals to specialists (include dates, names of tests and doctors seen)
- Blood test results
- Any concurrent impairment
Fast Track the App
- Details of investigation and testing
- Details of ongoing surveillance of the condition (including blood tests, electrophoresis)