If you aren’t selling long-term care, you know you’re missing out on business. BUT you do..Read more »
Medicare Supplement Deductible Changes for 2012
2012 Deductible Changes
A new year means new deductibles. With the flip of a calendar page we are in a new year with new changes to Medicare. The 2012 deductibles and changes are summarized below:
Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage:
- Deductible = $1156
- Coinsurance 61-90 days = $289 per day
- Coinsurance 91-150 days = $578 per day
- Hospice Care = Limited co-payment for outpatient drugs & inpatient respite care
Skilled Nursing Facility Care:
- Coinsurance 21-100 days = $144.50 per day
Medicare Part B Physician’s Services & Supplies:
- Deductible = $140*
- Coinsurance = Generally 20%
- Plan N = $20 co-pay for office visit; $50 co-pay for ER.
*And, here is a surprise! The Part B deductible for 2012 dropped from $162 to $140!! CSI immediately took notice and effective January 1, 2012, the non-commissionable portion of premium on plans C and F went from $175 to $150 - an additional commission is paid to you on the $25 difference!
FOR AGENT USE ONLY.